Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Rest



"Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness."

Psalm 143:10

"That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similtude of a palace:"

Psalm 144:12

Both of these verses are part of what Dan and I read yesterday for our Bible study time. They both stood out to me for different reasons and I thought I'd briefly share:-) The first, Psalm 143:10, is one that I find hard. Really, it is the first part of the verse..."Teach me to do thy will..." How hard it is to really desire God's Will. Often it is this is what I want Lord, please do it for me...but are we really ready to except what it is that God has for us? Are really ready to give up some of our own desires to follow Him, no matter what? I know it isn't easy for me, but I am trying to more and more live for His Will not my own! I am impressed by David's request here...elsewhere, too, he speaks of loving God's law. I pray that even I can feel this way!

The second verse, Psalm 144:12, made me think of my children and our duty as parents to raise them up for God. This is a picture of what I'd like my children to be! Isn't it a lovely visual? Sons that are plants grown up well...daughters that are corner stones, as lovely as a beautiful ,polished palace! I pray that I have children that are this way when they are grown.

Just some thoughts this Lord's day....may you have a blessed one!

Blessings,

Sommer

No comments: