Sunday, November 25, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
And this is such a yummy one, that I thought I'd share the recipe with you all! I do hope you enjoy it!
Maple Custard Pie(from PIE by Ken Haedrich)
1 single crust pie pastry
1 ¼ cups heavy or whipping cream
½ cup pure maple syrup(although I have used imitation…but pure is better J)
1/3 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
4 large egg yolks
1) If you haven’t already, prepare the pastry and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 1 hour.
2) On a sheet of lightly floured waxed paper, roll the pastry into a 12 or 13 inch circle with a floured rolling pin. Invert the pastry over a 9-inch standard or 9 ½ inch deepdish pie pan, center, and peel off the paper. Tuck pastry into the pan, without stretching it, and sculpt the edge so it is even with the rim. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes, then partially prebake and let cool.
3) Set oven temperature to 350* F.
4) Combine all the filling ingredients in a large bowl and whisk briefly, until evenly mixed. Pour the filling into the cooled pie shell.
5) Place the pie on the center oven rack and bake until the filling is nicely browned and set, 35-40 minutes total. Rotate the pie 180*, so that the part that faced the back of the oven now faces forward, 10-15 minutes before it is done. The middle should be jiggly but not soupy .
6) Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool thoroughly. Serve at room temperature, or, better yet, cover with loosely tented aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
I just finished reading a wonderful post on submissive wives by Stacy MacDonald. Just great and very convicting! I highly reccomend reading it. If you go here, you will be treated to a heart touching and convicting post.
I plan on taking this challenge...I have a feeling I have not been as submissive as I'd like to think...