Saturday, September 15, 2007

Good Saturday Morning


It has been a pretty good week in most things. I've been able to get things done that usually I put off. On Thursday, I was able to get quite a bit done and it felt so good to take advantage of the time...rather than seeing it slip away, wasted!


The lessons this week went well and I feel that Brenna is getting quite comfortable with the routine. Fiona is doing well and her penmanship is getting much neater...yeah!!!


On the other side of things...Liam has been having quite a hard time sleeping at night. This of course makes me feel like death warmed over, but the day must go on! We think he may be teething, but yesterday I found a rash on his tummy and decided to take him to the doctor. She thought it may be a viral infection...sigh...so that also could be what his problem has been. He is happy, but a little fussier than usual. I pray this passes soon.


The job situation for my hubby has taken a turn. He may speak of it on his blog, so I wont go into detail here. But, basically he is not with the USPS right now, although he is putting in his bid for other positions. This caused great distress for me on Wednesday and I felt rather despairing. But, by Thursday morning I was feeling better and relying on the Lord to provide for us. I know that He has a plan that we can not see clearly. My desire is to find joy amidst the turmoil and to be content in the plan God has in place for us, and to go about doing what I know to do and waiting on Him. In all this, there is a blessing...Dan was able to get rehired by his old employer and hopefully will start up next week sometime after all the paperwork is complete. Thank you Lord for that swift provision!


In other news, we are minus one child this weekend. Dearest Brenna is visiting with her Ama and Bampa(my parents) for the weekend. She was soooo excited when she left yesterday. It will be her first time staying over two nights and without Fiona. I miss her, but I know she is having a blast. And in about a week and a half Fiona will be off to DisneyLand with my parents....aaaah, how I miss my darlings when they are away!


Today we have plans to visit Great Grandpa and Grandpa. That is always enjoyable. Dan will be playing Tennis with his Dad and maybe we will convince Fiona to give it a try. Liam and I will be spectators:-)


Well, I surely hope you all have an absolutely wonderful weekend! May the Lord bless you richly and may you find joy amidst all the happenings of your life:-)


Blessings,

Sommer

2 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

Praise the Lord for swift provision!! :)

Regina said...

Good news about hubby! God always provides!
Hope little Liam is feeling somewhat better and your sleep will get better as well! It's always something with little ones!
Thank you for the well-whishes, too, Sommer- you are a dear!
xo