Thursday, March 6, 2008

Homeschooling in California in Danger!

California has been known as one of the easiest states to homeschool in. But it is a tension filled freedom. And now we find ourselves very much on the verge of having that freedom taken away!

My husband, Dan, wrote a brief post regarding a recent ruling in a court case that has virtually made homeschooling illegal here in California. If you have time, you may want to take a look at this post and the link included in it, if you haven't already read about this.

So, now I am appealing to all of you my dear friends, if you feel led to do so, please sign the petition that HSLDA is sending around. If they are successful, they can get this ruling depublished and make it so that we can homeschool here in freedom. If nothing else, and this should be happening first off, please pray.

You can help stop this threat to homeschooling by signing an online petition to depublish the Court of Appeal opinion at http://hslda. org/elink. asp?ID=4831

Thank you to anyone that feels led to sign and pray!

Blessings,
Sommer

2 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

Ach! Scary!!

Anonymous said...

Sommer,

Yikes! I am running out the door but I will come back to read it and sign. We first started our homeschooling in CA.

I am back blogging on my web domain site. Trying to keep up. I blogged about our homeschooling experience. I hope it is a blessing to you.

Gina
http://www.simplyheartandhome.com/