Monday, July 9, 2007

Parties, Illness and Old Friends

It has been an interesting weekend! As the title suggests, much has happened...some good and some not so good.

Saturday started out lovely...the weather was cool, but sunny and we were headed to a birthday party. This was a party for a little 3 year old dear, but I think the parents were looking forward to it just as much...if not more :-) What a fun time of games, fellowship and good food! My daughters surely enjoyed it and brought home little goodies for later.

Once we got home, we just kind of took it easy. Dan had told Brenna he'd play chess with her and so they enjoyed a game of that. Dan won, but Brenna was a good sport....



We didn't really have anything planned at this point, but at the last minute we made plans to have dinner with Dan's dad...that turned into having dinner with his mom and sister, too. So, we packed up and headed to Palo Alto...and ate at the California Pizza Kitchen.
All was fine, until we started to head home. Suddenly we found that poor Brenna had thrown up...so we pulled over and cleaned her up as best we could, and started driving again.
We thought we'd tucked everyone in for the night, when our older daughter came out and told us that Brenna had once again gotten sick. Needless to say, it was a long night.
I stayed home with Brenna and Liam the next day, while Dan and Fiona headed to church and Great Grandpa's for lunch. It is so distressing to watch a child be sick. When their normally active self becomes quiet and listless or naps, when they no longer take one...you find yourself worrying and fretting over them. That is how I felt Sunday.
On top of that old friends from Illinois came out and we had very few days to get together. With her 3 children, it was questionable as to wether we could get together. Who wants their kids to get sick on an airplane? Well, my friend and I decided we'd play it by ear and she'd call me this morning to see how things were....
Well, no one else got sick and Brenna was doing better...so Praise the Lord, we were able to meet at a park and the kids played for 2 hours and my dear friend and I chatted. What a good time it was. I am so thankful that the Lord has caused this to be a brief illness and in doing so, I was able to visit with a good friend catching up in 2 hours our whole year apart! Maybe next year no one will be sick:-)
I hope all my dear friends have had blessed weekends. Enjoy this week and Praise the Lord for something.
Blessings,
Sommer

No comments: