Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Favorite...

"Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sheep.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth.

Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."

Psalm 127

1 comment:

Seawashed said...

I just realized that in trying to leave a comment, I've been pushing the little letter symbol(I don't know where that goes?) I still don't have this whole blog thing figured out. Like I don't know how to post pics on the side or in my heading. I miss your pic of the ladies on the hillside(it reminds me of Out of Africa..a favorite movie because of its beauty and because I wanted to live there as a missionary.) Anyway, I love this scripture & this pic. I was going to use the pic on my blog in Autumn on a day when we go to Apple Hill. Your blog is one that I visit regularly...you have become a 'companion'. You have such a sweet calm spirit, I am glad to know you!