Monday, May 12, 2008

My Daybook

Peggy, over at The Simple Woman is sharing her Daybook and has invited folks to join in. So, I decided I couldn’t pass up the fun:-) Won’t you join us? Just pop on over to Peggy’s blog for the details!

For May 12th


Outside My Window…
It is a clear, sunny morning…with hints of a much warmer week.

I am thinking…
Will we ever do better than just barely getting by and always trying to catch up?

I am thankful for…
My Mother!

From the kitchen…
Sandwiches, I think.

I am creating…
Some rompers for my dear boy and a friend, hopefully some bloomers and dresses for the girls in the near future, and a skirt for me:-) I also am knitting a shawl and some squares for a blanket (ministry for our church).

I am going…
To Costco and maybe Foodmaxx.

I am wearing…
Blue jeans, pink t-shirt with ¾ length sleeves, socks and addidas sandals. My hair is pulled back in a very short pony tail.

I am reading…
Using Your Money Wisely...and feeling rather depressed.

I am hoping…
That we will actually get to move soon and that I can get stuff done before we head to Yosemite this week.

I am hearing…
My son playing on the kitchen floor and our Cockatiel answering the birds outside.

Around the house…
Decluttering, folding laundry and putting it away.

One of my favorite things…
Is being asked to read Jamberry again and again by Liam:-)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Continue decluttering the house, grocery shopping, laundry, heading to Yosemite on Thursday! I just can’t wait!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…
This is a beautiful painting of the Yosemite Valley(can't remember the artist at the moment). Although it probably won't look this way now, it will be beautiful and I am looking forward to our trip!

8 comments:

Clare said...

Oh, how exciting! We drive over to Yosemite every so often, and I just love it there. Absolutely beautiful beyond belief.

Is it Albert Bierstadt who did the painting? I know he did many paintings of Yosemite, and California in general.

---Clare

meg said...

A trip to Yosemite? I'm so jealous~ it's been a couple of years for me; maybe we'll do a day trip the end of the month :-)

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Yosemite. It does look lovely.

Sommer said...

Ah, yes Clare! That is the artist! I have a few of his paintings saved on my computer and just love them!!

Thanks for the memory jog:-)

Lots of love,
Sommer

Simply Heart And Home said...

My, you are busy today! Thank you for sharing your Day book with us!

Blessings,

Gina

Anonymous said...

You are certainly busy creating! Thank you for sharing your daybook with us. Blessings ~ Heather

Kelli said...

What a beautiful picture! I enjoyed reading your Daybook and I hope you are having a great week!
~Kelli

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sommer,

I just wanted to say bon voyage as I am leaving on our vacation tomorrow.

Have a lovely weekend and week. I'm afraid I won't be able to comment while away but I plan on posting!

Blessings,

Gina