Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thoughts from Morning and Evening


"Fellowship with Christ is so honourable that the sorest sorrow is a light price by which to procure it.
****
We are God's workmanship, in whom he will be glorified by our afflictions. It is for the honour of Jesus that we endure the trial of our faith with sacred joy. Let each man surrender his own longings to the glory of Jesus, and feel, "If my lying in the dust would elevate my Lord by so much as an inch, let me still lie among the pots of earth. If to live on earth for ever would make my Lord more glorious, it should be my heaven to be shut out of heaven." Our time is fixed and settled by eternal decree. Let us not be anxious about it, but wait with patience till the gates of pearl shall open."
~Charles Spurgeon from Morning and Evening

3 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sommer,

Spurgeon has a way of putting things so simply yet they are profound. Thank you for sharing this.

Gina

~ Shannon said...

Thank you -- that was lovely, soothing, and convicting, all at the same time.

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Serena said...

I love Spurgeon. My pastor quotes from him at LEAST once every Sunday!