After a year and a half(yep, you heard right!) of procrastination and unfortunate delays...the purple and silver star nightgown is finished!
I can't believe it took me this long just to complete a sewing project. When I started it, I had grand ideas. I intended on making Fiona this little nightie and then do other sewing projects. But, I got pregnant, busy and just plain lazy! The other problem is I decided (and now I know it was sort of crazy) to sew it completely by hand. And once I started it, I didn't want to change it mid stream...so, yes, this is completely hand sewn.
I used Simplicity 5382 view B. I actually really like the pattern. I may make something for Brenna next.
Here is Fiona modeling her new nightgown:
She is very pleased with it. I, on the other hand, am a little disappointed with how it turned out. Obviously, had I not procrastinated, the length would have been better and also the fit in the shoulders and arm would be more comfortable. I also some how miss aligned the yoke and shoulder seems...urgggh! Well, the little princess is pleased and that is what matters most to me:-)
Here is a close up of the ribbon on the yoke, the yoke and little sleeve. I also have a pretty little pearly, flower button on the back from my stash that Fiona picked, but, alas, it was too blurry to post.
Well, now that I have this completed, I will start on the little bloomers for Liam. I would have a week or so ago(like I'd planned)but things got too busy. Tonight, I will pin the pattern pieces to the fabric and cut them out:-) Hopefully, I have beat the procrastination beast!