Friday, May 8, 2009

Calling of Mother

I read a lovely post today that really hit home for me right now. Kelly wrote something that reminds me I'm not alone and what my calling is. I hope you'll read it and be encouraged to embrace the calling God has given to you and to not despair.

In the glow of baby sweetness, life still is real. Amidst my haze of love filled feelings, recovery and adjustment, I can still hear the bickering of children, the sound of disrespect coming from a dear child and disobedience that seems to be more obvious right now. I have felt inadequate and we have had to admit to ourselves our inconsistencies have played a part in this present difficulty. But, in all that, God has a grand plan that I can not fully see. However, I know that I and my hubby have a duty to raise up our children to love and fear Him, and to hopefully be His Children!

This post reminds me of my high calling and that I must always call on God..because in my own strength I am powerless, but in Him, nothing is beyond His power!

I hope this encourages you as it did me :-)

Blessings,
Sommer

1 comment:

Me said...

You have a great outlook.
Motherhood is the hardest job that I have ever had. And, I indeed know that it is the most noble one that we can ever have. My prayers for your strength in carrying it out go up for you.