Monday, July 28, 2008

My Daybook

Peggy, over at The Simple Woman is sharing her Daybook and has invited folks to join in. So, I decided I couldn’t pass up the fun :-) Won’t you join us? Just pop on over to Peggy’s blog for the details!

For July 28th


Outside My Window…
Are little baby birds hidden away in a tree. I hear them from time to time.

I am thinking…
That I need to get a grocery list together.

I am thankful for…
A really fun Saturday at the rodeo with my hubby and kids. Yeehaw!!!!

From the kitchen…
Just lunch makings today and dinner at my MIL’s tonight.

I am creating…
A place of peace in my home, and garments for my family and a new little baby.

I am going…
To Costco and my MIL’s house.

I am wearing…
A blue t-shirt, blue jeans and my sandals.

I am reading…
A Return to Modesty by Wendy Shalit

I am hoping…
That I can get more sewing done than I have as of late. I have only a couple of weeks to make something for a new baby!

I am hearing…
Liam laughing while playing with Brenna.

Around the house…
A lot of toys…is that so surprising?

One of my favorite things…
Anything horse related. And a rodeo is especially fun!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Household chores, working on a tentative schedule and plan for our school year, and just fun with the kids.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing…
This is a pic from our day at the rodeo on Saturday. This particular even is called "mutton busting". Sounds odd doesn't it? The riders are kids that are 7 years or younger and no more than 50lbs. The winner is whoever stays on the longest. Kind of like Bronc ridin...rather amusing. I think the sheep won:-)

1 comment:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sommer,

Have I been in such a fog that I didn't realize you were expecting? Are you? Forgive me for being oblivious.

I love rodeos too. Every summer, our county would have one. We didn't always go but when we did, I thoroughly enjoyed them. Not too many here in Northern New Jersey, I'm afraid. :)

Blessings,

Gina