Saturday, January 19, 2008

Making Our Way Out of the Sick Room


Well, since my last post...we all got sick again! Horrible this one was too. Fever, chills, coughing and sniffling...it lasted too long and I finally had to get antibiotics for myself! But, finally we all seem to be feeling better. The coughs are starting to slow down and so is the rate of sniffles. Fevers seem to be finally broken and I actually have begun to have the energy to take care of my home again.
Let me just say how scary the idea of trying to put a home back together after 3 weeks of illness is. It is a daunting task...one that will be keeping me busy for sometime. My laundry mountain has grown again and the dishes have been kept at bay. We are quite off our "planned" schedule for homeschooling, but just imagine if my children went to public or private school. At least I can just rearrange my schedule and we will probably just add in a week somewhere here or there.
The above picture makes me think of generally all that has been done the last week. Lots of laying, reading, sleeping and watching movies...all in our pajamas, mind you. The energy level has been very low and I think this week it will be good to go out and get some fresh air.
Well, I just wanted to let you all know that we are still alive and getting better. If you've thought of us and prayed...thank you! If you had no clue...that is okay:-) I do hope to show you some sewing projects I want to do soon(with patterns and fabric) and perhaps go over those new year goals finally!
I hope all my dear friends are well and I will talk to you all again soon!
Blessings,
Sommer

4 comments:

Lauren Christine said...

I'm so glad you are all feeling better!!! I wondered how you were doing :) I hope you are able to catch up-- I know work piles up quickly!!

Mackenzie said...

Oh Sommer! Once again, we're in the same boat. I finally had the energy yesterday to really look around here and wow-things pile up fast!! I think that we're at that point of doing dishes to be able to cook, and washing laundry before we can get dressed...sigh, it's rough, but we'll get back on top! I spent all afternoon cleaning yesterday, and only got through half of our bathroom! *yuck!* It is so nice and clean now though, it's very inspiring. Good luck sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that you were all sick. Mamas aren't allowed to get sick, doncha know?

I pray that you will all regain your strength and energy levels soon. Take things easy. Chores will wait.

{{HUGS}}

Serena said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! It's so hard! We were sick for 2 1/2 weeks right before Christmas, and by the time we were well again, morning sickness struck. My house has still not recovered.