Friday, January 25, 2008

I wish I had a fireplace...


All week it has been raining...pouring today in fact! Mind you, I'm not complaining...it is just that it is raining...alot! We need it though.
But, I have no where to go...again, I'm not complaining. Who really wants to be running errands and dragging babies around in the rain? Certainly not me:-) I like being in the rain, so long as I don't have anywhere to go and the babies don't need to be carried around.
Here is my problem...along with the rain, it is cold and my apartment is down right freezing at times. With it being so cold, I want to just curl up with a cup of tea or hot cocoa, some snuggly socks and a sweater...in front of a fire...
No, I don't have a fireplace and I so miss it on days like these. This would be a perfect day or night to turn on a family movie, roast some marshmallows and drink something hot. Sigh....
Perhaps someday we will be blessed with a home that has a fireplace, but until then, I will just enjoy looking at this picture and thinking of the toasty drink I'm about to pour:-)
Hope you all are having a splendid day!
Blessings,
Sommer

2 comments:

Mackenzie said...

Oh Sommer, I know just what you mean! I'm *so* excited that our new house has a double sided fire place...but until then it's just warm blankets and hot mugs. :) One movie I always like to watch when it is rainy is the latest adaption of Little Women (not sure the exact year, it has Winona Rider and Kirsten Dunst). Perhaps your library would have it if you don't already? Stay warm and dry dear friend!

Serena said...

It's a lovely painting (who is the artist, by the way?), and I sympathize about the fireplace AND the rain. We're getting your weather too--well, it's sometimes icky snow, interspersed with the rain. Not the pretty snow, but the wet, dirty stuff. Yuck! I hope you enjoyed your hot drink! ;)