Monday, September 8, 2008

An Unexpected Break

Apparently, I took a blogging break. I really hadn't intended to, it just kind of happened. As the summer went along, I found myself busy with basic tasks and joys of being a Mom. Then as the summer came to a close I needed to prepare for the new school year and get my lesson plans and school schedule together. That was rather time consuming. I also found that I just didn't have alot to say and thought you'd all be terribly bored by my days, so I just didn't post. I apologize for the few posts and I hope that you wont hold it against me too much;-)
Now that school has been going along for the last two weeks, we are getting into the swing of things. This is our third year homeschooling and now I have two students...Fiona is 3rd grade and Brenna is Kindergarten. I find that it isn't as hard as I thought it would be and I am enjoying watching each of their progress. Perhaps soon I will share a picture of the girls hard at work:-)
Liam of course adds a twist now and then, but he is rather good and I don't have to do much to keep him busy. He likes to color and he has some big wood beads that he strings(or more often strews about the living room). So he is happy and so am I.
Well, that is just a brief update on us and I hope to be at this a little more regularly now. I have some sewing in the works and hope to share soon. Also, as the holidays fast approach...I think it will be fun to share what we do to make life festive and focused in the right place. So, hopefully I will return to you this week with more to chat about!
Blessings,
Sommer

2 comments:

~ Shannon said...

It's good to see you "back!" I'm so glad you had such a productive break, and that your school year is going well so far!

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Simply Heart And Home said...

Sommer,

I remember those early busy school days. I wish I were in your shoes! There will be time to blog another day. Enjoying your family is more important.

Does your son like to do puzzles? My children all did. Puzzles were a good distraction to little ones as the older ones schooled.

Have a lovely week

Gina