1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate for sure, with a hint of peppermint if at all possible..yum!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do Santa. Well, we watch shows about him and will read books but we have always told our kids that he isn't real, though there was a man named Saint Nicholas. But we wont spill the beans to your family if you do "do" Santa..I promise ;-)
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I like them both. Usually on the tree though are the colored ones.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Strangely, no..we never have. I'm really not sure why as I like the fun idea. Perhaps when we are actually in our own home we'll start doing it. Of course who really needs an excuse for a bit of kissin' with your fella?
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? I usually start decorating the first few days of December. Haven't done much this year though...just not very motivated in our cramped home right now. We don't ever put our tree up until a week or two before Christmas..just like it that way :-)
6. Favorite holiday dish? Well I really enjoy stuffing and I greatly enjoy the Sorenson Salad. I'm really sad if either of these items are missing for Christmas gatherings.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Wow, I don't really remember any big memories. The one thing that does stand out are the stockings my mother made us one year which I modeled our new ones after. I posted about them here and I am making Rowan's this year. I hope my children will have more memories that they cherish than I have.
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? Well, my parents never told us Santa was real..I never had that shock ;-)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Actually we get together with Dan's family Christmas Eve(my family the next day), so yes...many gifts are opened :-)
10. How do you decorate a tree? Well, we have ornaments that we've collected over the years...Dan's mom sent him to our marriage with each ornament he received each Christmas growing up(21 to be exact) and we have since tried to carry on this tradition with our children. Sometimes we can't afford a big tree, so not all ornaments are put out. I also put colored lights on(sometimes white) and then either plaid ribbon or some other simple garland goes about the tree. I usually put up the lights..not sure how I got that job...and then we all put on the ornaments with Christmas music going in the back ground :-) Fun!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I'd love it...but, we live in CA and we don't get snow where we are. I think I've been in snow a total of 3 times! It would be neat to have a white Christmas...even if it snowed us in!
12. Can you ice skate? Uh...no...
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've had so many things that I appreciate...so nothing really stands out to clearly right now.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Being with my family and making traditions and memories that center us around Christ. I want my children to have amazing memories, but most importantly to know the great gift that was given us the day Christ was born and what He did for us!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Well, either Pumpkin Pie or Maple Custard Pie. If I'm lucky, I'll have both ;-)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love for us to go to the live Nativities or Christmas displays that our town has. I also love hanging stockings.
17. What tops your tree? We have a pretty little stained glass angel that we bought our first Christmas...it is 11 years old now.
18. Which do you prefer-Giving or Receiving? Oh, I love to give things and receive things. It is especially fun to give things.
19. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night, no contest.
20. Candy Canes-Yuck or Yum? Definitely Yum!
21. Favorite Christmas show? I LOVE A Charlie Brown's Christmas, Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer and How the Grinch Stole Christmas(old cartoon one). We still watch them every December :-)
22. Saddest Christmas song? I think Mary Did You Know is a really sad one...I think it is a Christmas song(though it could be for Easter too I suppose). I love this song, but it is sad.
Feel free to join in! And if you decide to do the meme let me know in the comments!