Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I wanted to post some things that I am thankful for. There are many things, but a few are most important to me.

~I am thankful for my Lord and Savior who died for me. It is because of Him that I have any hope and that I have joy everlasting. Praise God!

~I am thankful for my children...Fiona, Brenna, Liam and our newest little one, Rowan. They are truly a treasure and a gift from God.

~My dearest husband, Dan...he is so very patient with me and so very loving and good to me. I am so thankful that the Lord brought him into my life and that we have many more years to spend together.

~I am thankful for our home, small though it may be.

~I am thankful for the prospect of a new home...this is something we never thought could possibly happen(and no, there is no new news yet).

~I am thankful too, to live in a country that still allows the freedom to worship my Lord. I have no fear and will gladly proclaim the Gospel!

~I am thankful for all my friends both here and in person. Each one of you has been a blessing in some way to me. Thanks ever so much for your friendships.


"Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people." ~1 Chronicles 16:8


"Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." ~Psalm 106:1

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." ~1 Thessalonians 5:18


I pray that each of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! May it be full of blessings and joy and may you each find many things to be thankful for.

Blessings,
Sommer

4 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Happy Thanksgiving~ dear Sommer!

What wonderful things to be thankful
for~ praise the Lord... He is good!!

Love~ Miss Jen

Sarah said...

What a beautiful thanksgiving list! I am so glad we still have a set aside holiday where we focus on giving thanks. . .you are right, it is such a blessing to live here where we still have the freedom to worship God. Praise Him!

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Simply Heart And Home said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

How is your Christmas present making coming along?

Gina

Kelly said...

Hi Sommer-
Please forgive me for taking so long to get back with you. To color pasta I searched for a recipe online for colored pasta but I thought the rubbing alcohol smell was and still is really strong on the pasta. I would use less than what the recipe says. Here is the recipe I used.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4790167_dye-pasta-crafts.html
Hope all is well!
Kelly