Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Fourth of July dear friends! And what a lovely day it is :-)

I am so glad to be able to live in a country that is free. There are times when I stress and worry the direction in which our country is headed, but I realize, no matter what, it is in God's hands!

Today, most of all, I think of the men and women that have gone before us to make our country free. I think of what they fought for, what they wanted for this country. Many lost their homes and lives. And today, we stand free because of it. May we be so courageous as our fore fathers!



And here is a thought from one of those from so long ago:

‎"The day will be the most memorable in America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival...it ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade...bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this day forward, forevermore."
~John Adams


So, with that suggestion, my family tonight will be setting of some illuminations ;-) It will be a first for us because we've not lived in a county that allows fireworks before. But this year...we do :-) Last night, we enjoyed watching our neighbors set some off. We will also be enjoying some time with my parents at their home before hand.

Have a wonderful day my friends!

Lots of love,
Sommer

P.S.: as you can see, I've got my computer and pics back thanks to a great local fellow. I'm thrilled :-)

No comments: